Christmas... Russian Style

General beer chit chat
Peyts
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Larry Peyton

Christmas... Russian Style

Post by Peyts » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a fantastic holiday season. Despite the COVID protocols, I hope you all get to spend some time with family, friends and loved ones.

It has been a pleasure interacting with this group, and I've learned a lot, especially since I only started brewing in April 2020 (though I've been "taste testing" for years, LOL! ).

Since it was 11:30am in NS, and I was actually born in Newf (hence making it noon there), I poured my first glass of a new recipe I brewed back in August, which was made just for this day.

This is my "Roza Shanina" Russian Imperial Stout, which had Elijah Craig bourbon added during keg racking; it has aged now for 95 days.

Damn it turned out AWESOME. Chocolate on the nose, full-bodied, smooth, warm and with a bourbon finish, it sits at just over 10% APV.

I'm pretty proud of it, since it is the first time I split a mash. Given the grain bill was much too big for my G30 GrainFather, I used the wort from the first mash & sparge as the water for the second half of the mash. Though it slightly lowered my brewhouse efficiency, it worked like a charm to create the beauty (and the beast) that I wanted.

Anyway, cheers to every one of you and Happy Brewmas!

Larry
IMG_7853.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Me Brewing: Missing Three Brewing
Me Reviewing: craft_beer_with_me

Instagram & Facebook

RubberToe
Award Winner 13
Award Winner 13
Name: Rob

Re: Christmas... Russian Style

Post by RubberToe » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Looks awesome. Cheers, and Merry Christmas!
Electric Brewery Build
On tap at RubberToe's:
Sometimes on a Sunday Belgian Dubbel, Oaked Old Ale, Ordinary Bitter

kenny10
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Ken McCulloch

Re: Christmas... Russian Style

Post by kenny10 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Looks tasty! Merry Xmas

Return to “General Beer Discussion”