General beer chit chat
2Hands-1Mouth
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kris

Granite Brewery to close

Post by 2Hands-1Mouth » Fri May 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Hey guys,

I just heard that Granite Brewery is closing. Sad times. Peculiar is one of my all time favorites. Sad times for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/64528845220025 ... /?sfnsn=mo

Anyone have any info? Wish I could go have one more for the road. RIP.

ConanTroutman
Verified User
Verified User

Re: Granite Brewery to close

Post by ConanTroutman » Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Definitely been expecting this for the past year or so as soon as they lost the spot on Stairs St.

With how much traditional English styles have fallen out of vogue it'll be a big loss to not have a brewery that had stuck to them so stubbornly over the years. Really enjoyed being able to get it on cask at the Freehouse.

ScotianHobo

Post by ScotianHobo » Sun May 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Appreciate all they did as OG trailblazers and of course there's all kinds of factors in play here, so I don't mean to be a reductionalist in saying this: but I hope the other breweries looking on take this as a teachable moment that its time to figure out the direct-to-customer model. And fast.

Any brewery that does not figure out how to do proper ecommerce will go the way of the dodo and soon.

I, like so many others have a "Granite's ESB back in the day changed the game for me" but have a look at the below screenshot of their website that looks like it hasn't been touched since 1998 and tell me how I put my money into their beerhole? Blows my mind.

I'm flabbergasted at how bad a lot of the breweries have been in adapting/pivoting to focusing on their digital touchpoints. There's so many people who would be proud to support every small brewery in the province with our wallets but half of them literally don't even make it possible.

Gonna be some firesales on a lot of equipment soon if they don't smarten up..... Image

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

GAM
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Sandy MacNeil

Post by GAM » Sun May 10, 2020 7:31 pm

Keven is not young and last I spoke to him had medical issues. I don't know if the sons were/are willing to be the proprietors.

S

Return to “General Beer Discussion”