Nsbeermemes

General beer chit chat
Brewhaha!
Name: Kyle Connolly

Nsbeermemes

Post by Brewhaha! » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Anyone following this? Some of the memes are hilarious, and some are pretty savage. :lol: :rocky:

https://instagram.com/nsbeermemes?igshid=d9jlp5bb6uii

danlatimer
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Daniel N Latimer

Re: Nsbeermemes

Post by danlatimer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 pm

I didn't really find them funny so I unsubscribed. To each their own

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

ConanTroutman
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ConanTroutman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:07 pm

A lot of them are funny, that said, I don't think the page is a great idea. It's one thing to roast friends, my friends and I are terrible to each other, but I think making them anonymously and in public is a little toxic. Not everyone appreciates that kind of humour/ribbing.

Just my 2c, I'm still following the page but I have the privilege of not having to worry about being the butt of any of the jokes :lol:

Brewhaha!
Name: Kyle Connolly

Post by Brewhaha! » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:28 pm

danlatimer wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Exactly, to each thier own. I personally find them hit or miss, and whomever is doing it is pumping out content so there has been a lot of hits and a lot of misses.

The Chill St. Memes in particular make me laugh, because what's not to laugh about a brewery that uses LME.

Also, any meme that makes fun of sour beers is a good meme in my book, because I actually do feel a lot of breweries try to get away with passing a spoiled beer off as sour so that they aren't throwing 60 barrels down the drain.

DocksideBrewing
Name: Stew

Post by DocksideBrewing » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:52 am

Brewhaha! wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:28 pm
danlatimer wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Exactly, to each thier own. I personally find them hit or miss, and whomever is doing it is pumping out content so there has been a lot of hits and a lot of misses.

The Chill St. Memes in particular make me laugh, because what's not to laugh about a brewery that uses LME.

Also, any meme that makes fun of sour beers is a good meme in my book, because I actually do feel a lot of breweries try to get away with passing a spoiled beer off as sour so that they aren't throwing 60 barrels down the drain.
There have been some award winning beers using LME. Obviously it's not common, especially with breweries, but there's been some good one. Before I went to All Grain, I was using LME and/or DME and made some great beers with it. It does restrict your flavours to a certain point, but good beer can be made. Personally the nice thing about brewing beer, is that there are no rules, it's one big experiment. Some turn out, some don't, but we keep pushing the limits and coming out with some great creations.

mckay75
Award Winner 6
Award Winner 6
Name: Mark

Post by mckay75 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 am

Using LME in an extract kit and pouring a box of unfermented wort into a fermenter and pitching yeast are 2 entirely different things...especially when you're on a commercial level. It's laughable at best. #fakebeer

KB1138
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Kevin

Post by KB1138 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Was really funny, just seems to have turned into some kind of personal vendetta against Nine Locks, who are not behaving any better than the poster is. Fun while it lasted
On tap: Hopped Mead, ESB, Schwazbier
Coming up: Altbier
Fermenting: Maibock
Planned: NEIPA, NZ Pils, Oyster Stout

Return to “General Beer Discussion”