BeerSmith2 App for Iphone

General beer chit chat
whitnes10
Name: Stew Whitney

BeerSmith2 App for Iphone

Post by whitnes10 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:09 pm

How do you convert a previously made Extract recipe to a Partial Mash recipe?

I know how to do this on the CPU software (which I don't have or use anymore), but can it be done on the phone app?

Thanks for the help!

Celiacbrew
Verified User
Verified User
Name: Mike E.

Re: BeerSmith2 App for Iphone

Post by Celiacbrew » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 am

How do you do it on the computer version, is there a tool for it?

On the app I assume you just click edit to change the recipe, select partial mash instead of extract (black bar at the top) add the appropriate grains and remove the extract. Then max out your kettle's mash volume and see what it gives you for a predicted gravity. Then you add back the extract to get you to your target gravity.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mike E.

whitnes10
Name: Stew Whitney

Re: BeerSmith2 App for Iphone

Post by whitnes10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm

On the CPU version, I used to create a All Grain Recipe and then click the convert button (used to be one of the top tabs). It did everything for you and changed around ingredients to get the same profile.

When I do that on the Iphone app, all it does is keep the current recipe the same but the numbers (OG, FG, IBU's) change. It doesn't seem like there is an option that just does all the conversions and amounts of ingredients for you to keep the same profile. So I have just slowly been manually changing my Extract recipes to Partial Mash.

Return to “General Beer Discussion”